Apple Paid Application Agreement

The Apple Paid Application Agreement: Understanding the Fine Print

If you`re considering developing an application for Apple`s App Store, you`ll need to sign the Apple Paid Application Agreement. This legally-binding document outlines the terms and conditions that govern the distribution of paid apps through the App Store. As part of this agreement, developers agree to a revenue-sharing model with Apple, abide by strict content guidelines, and ensure compliance with a range of policies designed to protect the user experience.

Revenue Sharing

The primary objective of the Apple Paid Application Agreement is to establish the revenue-sharing parameters for paid apps. Under the agreement, developers receive 70% of the revenue generated by their application, while Apple takes the remaining 30%. The revenue share remains in effect for as long as the app is available on the App Store. Apple handles all payment processing, including tax collection, and pays out developer earnings on a monthly basis.

Content Guidelines

Apple has strict content guidelines for all apps published in the App Store. These guidelines are designed to keep the platform safe and enjoyable for users, and developers are expected to comply with them at all times. Some of the guidelines cover issues such as user privacy, intellectual property rights, and offensive content. Apps that violate the guidelines are subject to removal from the App Store, and developers may face disciplinary action.


In order to maintain a high-quality user experience, Apple has implemented various policies designed to ensure compliance with its guidelines. One of these policies requires developers to submit their apps for review before they can be published on the App Store. This review process can take several days or even weeks, depending on the complexity of the app and the volume of submissions at the time. Developers must also keep their apps up-to-date, fixing any bugs or compatibility issues that arise over time.


The Apple Paid Application Agreement is an essential aspect of developing and distributing paid apps on the App Store. While it may seem daunting at first, understanding the terms and conditions of the agreement is critical to the success of your app. By adhering to Apple`s guidelines and policies, you can create a high-quality, enjoyable user experience and earn revenue for your hard work.