5 Amazing Honeymoon Destinations in Africa
Africa is mystic; a natural paradise that offers some of the most beautiful dramatic scenery and memorable experiences in the world. It is a perfect destination for an exciting adventurous trip on your honeymoon.
Imagine you having your breakfast with the giraffes in Kenya, curling firm to your spouse on a hammock in Liberia, lazing around the beaches in Mauritius, pumping your adrenaline with the wildlife in sierra leone or throwing nuts with the lemurs in Madagascar. Whether you prefer quiet beach time or adventures, you won’t be disappointed with any of these best five honeymoon destinations in Africa.
1. Mombassa, Kenya
Just like the scene from the Oscar award-winning movie “Out of Africa” Kenya is a tightly packed destination full of incredible exotic wildlife, beaches, beautiful resorts and stunning sceneries … the list is endless.
You can explore all the beautiful tourist sights, walk through the natural sanctuaries hand in hand, shop, dine and enjoy the bliss in this beautiful country. It is one of the most famous honeymoon destinations blessed with varied pleasures.
6 Unmissable Activities in Kenya during your Honeymoon:
- Experience the wildlife adventure at Masai Mara Plain.
- Take the hot-air balloon to soar above the Masai Mara.
- Don’t forget to stopover at the beautiful city of Mombassa.
- Share your amazing pictures on Instagram/Facebook as Mount Kilimanjaro stands as a backdrop.
- Pump your Andrelaine with the white water rafting at Sagna.
- Take an unforgettable cycle ride to Hell’s gate.
Best time to visit: Kenya is a year-round destination.
Visa requirement: Nigerians can get an e-visa for 30 days for $50
Mark Twain once said, “Mauritius was made first, and then heaven, and heaven was copied after Mauritius.”. From the plush resorts, sun-kissed skies, palm-fringed beaches and clear blue waters, Mauritius is a perfect spot for breathtaking scenery, beautiful beaches and luxury hotels. It is one of the amazing places where newlyweds can make their once-in-a-lifetime memories.
6 Unmissable Activities in Mauritius during your honeymoon:
- Island hopping.
- Shopping at the beautiful mall in Port Louis.
- Snorkelling, Scuba diving and kayaking.
- Pampering spa session.
- Catamaran Cruise with BBQ dinner on the sea.
- Parasailing and undersea walk
Best time to visit: April to December
Visa requirement: Nigerians can visit and stay in Mauritius for 14 days without a visa.
One of the most underrated islands in Africa is Mozambique. It is an extremely romantic location for couples on honeymoon. From the breathtaking palm-fringed beaches, turquoise beaches, beautiful sunsets, pampering luxury resorts, delicious cuisine, nightlife and the bevvy of watersports to create unforgettable memories. The serene bliss is perfect for a happy ending honeymoon experience.
View this post on Instagram
Can you ever imagine that Maputo is so beautiful? Maputo is one of the best travel destinations for any traveller that is looking for a beachy destination without the hassle of visa. . It is Visa on Arrival! . #triplisters #visit #explore #travel #vacation #southernsunhotel #flysaa #nbx19 #hotel
6 Unmissable Activities in Mozambique during your honeymoon:
- Pamper yourself with a spa session.
- Snorkelling, scuba diving, or sailing with your partner.
- Candlelit dinner with delicious cuisine.
- Go exploring the pristine islands.
- Learn about the culture and history of the country.
- Spend most of your time in Maputo.
Best time to visit: April to December.
Visa requirement: Nigerians travelling to Comoros Island can get a visa on arrival at the airport.
“My first time in Madagascar was awesome because lemurs are kind of funny; they throw fruit at the back of your head when you’re not looking and then point at one another when you turn around”. – Kevin Hearne
From its spectacular scenery that seems right out of a fairytale to the unique wildlife that occupies the island, Madagascar is one of the most beautiful places on earth. It has an array of activities for both the indoor and outdoor lover. Grab your partner and wander through the wild and free t national parks where you can have lunch with the Lemur. You and your better half can spend most of your days exploring, enjoying the pleasures of life which strengthen the bonds of love.
Unmissable attraction to do in Madagascar during in honeymoon:
- Have a date with the Lemurs at the national park.
- Travel through Tsingy de Bemaraha, one of the most striking national parks on the planet where you have the chance to hike through the limestone forests.
- Laze around the pristine sandy shores.
- Swim in the crystal clear blue waters.
- Capture beautiful picture at the Baobab Alley.
- Explore the Andasibe-Mantadia National Park for exotic wildlife.
- Relish the incredibly fascinating nightlife.
- Savor the delicious food and drinks.
- Watch the traditional display of Malagasy culture.
Best time to visit: April to November
Visa requirement: Madagascar is visa-free for 90days for Nigeria passport holders.
Zanzibar is post-card perfect destination, it is flanked on all sides by some of Africa’s best coral beaches. Coupled with incredible experiences, a honeymoon in Zanzibar is great as you can enjoy your stay in the country at economical costs. There are so much to appease your desires at this beautiful destination, from the tropical rainforest that leads to sandy shores which extend to sapphire waters. Plan your honeymoon here and you won’t have a reason to regret it.
Unmissable attraction in Zanzibar during your honeymoon:
- Take romantic evening walks on the beaches.
- Watch the sunset with your love.
- Explore the Spice Island.
- Bath in the beautiful beaches of Zanzibar.
- Shop for lovely wares in Kiponda Street.
- Learn more about the history and culture of Zanzibar at Zanzibar Gallery or Peace Memorial Museum.
- Enjoy delicious cuisine at the local food stall.
Best time to visit: June to October
Visa requirement: Nigerians can get a visa on arrival for 90 days or apply for an e-visa that will be issued within 72 hours.
What’s more? Plan this honeymoon if you’re not shy about splurging a bit in the finer things of life. Comment on this post or send us a direct message on our Instagram page here if you like us to plan your honeymoon.